The disease affects not only the patient himself but also his close environment, which is especially pronounced in situations of chronic and progressive pathology, which significantly changes the physical and mental health of the patient. The article discusses the basic prerequisites for the formation of psychological adaptation states in the family with patients, identifies factors that cause changes in family functioning, patterns of behaviour during the disease, general principles of communication of the doctor with the family and typical difficult situations of interaction.
Full-text of the article is available for this locale: Українська.
- Holland JC, Breitbart WS, Jacobsen PB, et al. Psycho-Oncology. Oxford: Oxford University press; 2015:772.
- Markova MV, Piontkovs'ka OV, Muharovs'ka IR. The algorithm for reporting the diagnosis and " unpleasant" news in the clinic of pediatric oncology: guidelines. Kharkiv: Guidelines; 2013:26.
- Drabe N1, Klaghofer R, Weidt S, Zwahlen D, Büchi S, Jenewein J. Mutual associations between patients' and partners' depression and quality of life with respect to relationship quality, physical complaints, and sense of coherence in couples coping with cancer. Psychooncology. 2015;24(4):442-50. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.3662 PMID: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25187233
- Lee KC, Yiin JJ, Lin PC, Lu SH. Sleep disturbances and related factors among family caregivers of patients with advanced cancer. Psychooncology. 2015;24(12):1632-8. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.3816 PMID: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25871014
- Jeong A, Shin DW, Kim SY, et al. The effects on caregivers of cancer patients' needs and family hardiness. Psychooncology. 2016;25(1):84-90. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.3878 PMID: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26797937
- Lai C, Borrelli B, Ciurluini P, Aceto P. Sharing information about cancer with one's family is associated with improved quality of life. Psychooncology. 2017;26(10):1569-75. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.4334 PMID: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27935142
- Leroy T, Fournier E, Penel N, Christophe V. Crossed views of burden and emotional distress of cancer patients and family caregivers during palliative care. Psychooncology. 2016;25(11):1278-85. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.4056 PMID: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26632424
- Jia M, Li J, Chen C, Cao F. Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms in family caregivers of adult patients with acute leukemia from a dyadic perspective. Psychooncology. 2015;24(12):1754-60. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.3851 PMID: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26014209
- Nipp RD, El-Jawahri A, Fishbein JN, et al. Factors associated with depression and anxiety symptoms in family caregivers of patients with incurable cancer. Ann Oncol. 2016;27(8):1607-12. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdw205 PMID: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27177859
- Vasyl'jeva AJu. Features of the correction of nonpsychotic mental disorders in persons caring for patients suffering from cancer. Mental Health. 2009;№3(4)16-9.
- Muharovs'ka IR. The study of mental stress manifestation features of cancer patients’ relatives in different stages of treatment process. ScienceRise: Medical Science. 2016;12(8):21–6. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15587/2519-4798.2016.86538
- Kübler-Ross E. On Death & Dying. Kyiv: Sofija; 2001:320.