Background. The question of the treatment of persons who accomplished sexual crimes continues to be discussed by researches around the world. Mark certain insufficiency of preparation of specialists in relation to an estimation and treatment of sexual disorders in medical and psychiatric establishments, and even in judicial psychiatric associations, that understanding, that treatment of sexual criminals is accessible and can be successful and effective needs a subsequent ground. Current criteria of the force usage of medical care are developed not enough.
Aim. To find out the criteria of application of the forced measures of medical character This research is devoted to solving scientific and practical problems, which is to develop a forensic-psychiatric expert evaluation of persons who have committed sexual criminal offences.
Materials and methods. The paper presents the results of a scientific study conducted as part of the dissertation “Forensіc psychіatrіc evaluatіon of persons who have sexual offences”. To achieve the goal of the study, the author analyzed 287 sub-experts who committed sexual offences and were on forensic psychiatric examination (FPE) at the Kyiv City FPE Center from 2000 to 2015 (16 years).
In order to determine the relationship between the degree of violation of the ability to understand their actions, manage them and resolve expert issues, all observations were divided into 2 groups of comparison: 1 – 200 observations (sub-experts, considered “sane”); 2 – 14 (sub-experts, recognized as “insane”); 3 – 73 (“limited sanity”), this group was formed artificially from the group of “sane”, based on the concept of “limited sanity”.
Research methods used in the work: information-analytical, socio-demographic, clinical-psychopathological, experimental-psychological, expert, situational analysis, statistical.
Results. The criterion for the application of coercive measures of a medical nature (CMMN) in the form of a referral to a specialized psychiatric institution is the recognition of a person as “insane”, the provision of compulsory outpatient care.
Conclusions. The identification of criteria for choosing the right forced medical health care type, i.e., validity and sufficiency of the recommended forced measure of a medical character, is needed to increase a quality upgrading prophylactic measures in the conditions of the forced treatment.
Full-text of the article is available for this locale: Українська.
- Bradford JM, Fedoroff P, Gulati S. Can sexual offenders be treated?. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry. 2013;36(3-4). doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijlp.2013.04.004
- Scherba S, Frolova M. Peredacha Lits, Stradaiushchikh Psikhicheskimi Rasstroistvami, Dlia Provedeniia Prinuditelnogo Lecheniia V Stranakh SNG. Jurlitinform; 2012.
- Andrews D, Zinger I, Hoge RD, Bonta J, Gendreau P, Cullen FT. Does correctional treatment work? A clinically relevant and psychologically informed meta-analysis. Criminology. 1990;28(3). doi:https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-9125.1990.tb01330.x
- Llewellyn DJ. The Psychology of Risk Taking: Toward the Integration of Psychometric and Neuropsychological Paradigms. The American Journal of Psychology. 2008;121(3). doi:https://doi.org/10.2307/20445472
- Taylor-Gooby P, Zinn JO. Current Directions in Risk Research: New Developments in Psychology and Sociology. Risk Analysis. 2006;26(2). doi:https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.2006.00746.x
- Nykyforov Y. Kliniko-Psykhopatolohichni I Sotsialno-Psykholohichni Osoblyvosti Khvorykh Na Shyzofreniiu, Yaki Znakhodiatsia Na Prymusovomu Likuvanni Z Posylenym Nahliadom. Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education; 2004.
- Melnyk V, Melnyk A, Shchehlova Y. Kliniko-Sotsialni Kryterii Suspilnoi Nebezpeky Khvorykh Na Shyzofreniiu.; 2007.
- Pervomayskiy V, Ileyko V. Sistemnyi podkhod k poniatiiu ogranichennaia vmeniaemost. в: Materials of the International Conference Forensic and Social Psychiatry of the 90s. ; 1994.
- Zaytsev A. K voprosu o formule ogranichennoi vmeniaemosti. в: Problems of Legality: Republican Interdepartmental Scientific Collection. ; 2002.
- Kamenskov M. Strukturno-dinamicheskie osobennosti parafilii kak modeli addiktivnykh rasstroistv. Social and Clinical Psychiatry. 27(3):56-62.
- Zepin M. Obmezhena Osudnist Osib Iz Psykhopatychnymy Rozladamy: Yurydyko-Psykholohichna Kharakterystyka. Kyiv National University of Internal Affairs; 2007.
- Marchak V. Yurydyko-Psykholohichnyi Zmist Obmezhenoi Osudnosti. National Academy of Internal Affairs; 2011.
- Mischenko E. Prinuditelnye Mery Meditsinskogo Kharaktera V Ugolovnom Sudoproizvodstve. Jurlitinform; 2010.
- Fedorova E. Prinuditelnye Mery Meditsinskogo Kharaktera, Primeniaemye K Psikhicheski Bolnym. Siberian Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia; 2010.
- Vilkova T, Markova T. Ugolovno-Protsessualnoe Pravo Rossiiskoi Federatsii. Yurayt; 2014.
- Appelbaum P. Law & Psychiatry: Does the Constitution Require an Insanity Defense?. Psychiatric Services. 2013;64(10). doi:https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ps.6401004
- Greku V. Meditsinskie i iuridicheskie svoistva prinuditelnykh mer meditsinskogo kharaktera. Modern fundamental and applied research. 2013;1(1):102-109.
- Spasennikov B, Spasennikov S. Prinuditelnye Mery Meditsinskogo Kharaktera V Ugolovnom Prave Rossii. Jurlitinform; 2012.
- Marchak V. Osoblyvosti zastosuvannia prymusovykh zakhodiv medychnoho kharakteru do obmezheno osudnykh osib. Bulletin of the Academy of the Prosecutor’s Office of Ukraine. 2007;4:51-55.
- Mischenko E. Problemy dosudebnogo proizvodstva po delam o primenenii prinuditelnykh mer meditsinskogo kharaktera. Bulletin of the Orenburg State University. 2006;3:114-117.
- Len V, Knyha M. Prymusovi Zakhody Medychnoho Kharakteru: Tsili I Pidstavy Zastosuvannia. Dnieper metallurgist; 2011.
- Fahndrich E, Eichler G. Zwangseinweisung und Gemeindepsychiatrie. Psychiatr Prax. 1995;22(4):150-153.
- Greku V. Problemnye (osnovnye) Voprosy Primeneniia Prinuditelnykh Mer Meditsinskogo Kharaktera Po Rossiiskomu Ugolovnomu Zakonodatelstvu. Training Center Master; 2013.
- Zaitsev O. Spivvidnoshennia osudnosti, neosudnosti ta obmezhenoi osudnosti. в: State and Law. Legal and Political Sciences: A Collection of Scientific Papers. ; 2003.
- Trubetskoi V. O primenenii prinuditelnykh mer meditsinskogo kharaktera k osuzhdennym za prestupleniia. Human: crime and punishment. 2010;3:49-52.
- Kryminalnyi Kodeks Ukrainy vid 5 kvitnia 2001 roku. Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2001;25-26.