This is a conference abstract from the ІV Scientific and Practical Conference "Psychosomatic medicine: science and practice". It is dedicated to the suicide prevention in the world's armies.
The suicidal behavior of military personnel is a complex process, for which it is necessary to consider the personality of a serviceman from different angles (anamnesis of the family and the serviceman himself, personality traits revealed during psychological study, observation of the behavior of a serviceman during military service) and take into account all possible risk factors for the development of suicidal behavior, there is a possibility of preventing suicide.
Full-text of the article is available for this locale: Українська.
- Ambrumova AG, Tikhonenko VA. Diagnosis of Suicidal Behavior: Guidelines. Мoscow: Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation;1980:55.
- Vasilevsky VG, Lasiy EV. Assessment of suicidal risk and prevention of suicidal behavior. Military medicine. 2010;49(2):26-9. URL: http://rep.bsmu.by/handle/BSMU/6943
- Litvintsev S, Shamrey V. Military psychiatry. Saint Petersburg: VMedA ELBY-SPb; 2001: 236.
- Govorin NV Kozlov TN, Morozov LT. Personal and psychopathological mechanisms of suicidal behavior in conscripts. Moscow: Modern problems of mental health; 2005: 166–77.
- Nurmagambetova SA. Clinical forms of adjustment disorders in conscripts and factors affecting their occurrence. Social and Clinical Psychiatry. 2003;13(1):46-50.
- Tikhonenko VA. Classification of suicidal manifestations. Actual problems of suicidology, works of the Moscow Research Institute of Psychiatry. 1978; 82: 59-73.
- Yuryeva LN. Clinical suicidology. Dnepropetrovsk: Rapids; 2006: 472.
- APA. Assessment and treatment of patients with suicidal behaviors. APA practice guidelines. Washington: APA; 2003. URL: https://psychiatryonline.org/pb/assets/raw/sitewide/practice_guidelines/guidelines/suicide.pdf
- Baldessarini RJ, Tondo L, Hennen J, Viguera AC. Is lithium still worth using, an update of selected recent research. Harv Rev Psychiatry. 2002;10(2):59-75. PMID: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11897747/
- Bertolote JM, Fleischmann A. Suicide and psychiatric diagnosis: a worldwide perspective. World Psychiatry. 2002;1(3):181-5. PMID: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16946849/
- Blumenthal SJ, KupferDJ. Suicide over the life cycle: risk factors, assesment, and treatment of suicidal patients. Arlington: American Psychiatric press inc; 1990.