Background. The presence of chronic pain in the structure of hip avascular necrosis hurts the patient's mental state, causes chronic postoperative pain, and reduces the quality of life. Treatment of nonpsychotic mental disorders may be a therapeutic strategy to reduce risk factors for health-related quality of life and satisfaction with treatment outcomes. Successful rehabilitation of patients with hip avascular necrosis consists of restoring the functions of the affected joints and providing the necessary psychological assistance, through the available nonpsychotic mental disorders and gender-age features.
The study aimed to determine the gender age and socio-demographic characteristics of patients with aseptic necrosis of the femoral head, which may act as predictors of the risk of developing non-psychotic mental disorders.
Methods. 137 persons with aseptic necrosis of the femoral head were examined: 92 (67.2%) men and 45 (32.8%) women, the average age was 52.01 ± 11.29 years. In addition to the clinical-psychopathological and socio-demographic examination were used the Beck depression inventory, the Beck anxiety inventory and Teilor's Manifest Anxiety Scale, the Beck hopelessness scale, and the Toronto alexithymia scale (TAS-20) were.
Results. It was found that 25.8% (17/66) of people with higher education were engaged mainly in manual labour, but at the time of the survey, only 7.6% (5/66) were working. It was found that there is no difference in the levels of depression prevalence depending on gender and age. Anxiety levels at a young age are higher in females, but gender and age differences in the prevalence of anxiety levels have not been identified. Among the examined patients, a high level of alexithymia was found in all age and gender groups. There is a tendency for a higher level of hopelessness in young females compared to males.
Full-text of the article is available for this locale: Українська.
- Paderno E, Zanon V, Vezzani G, et al. Evidence-Supported HBO Therapy in Femoral Head Necrosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021;18(6):2888. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18062888
- Hines JT, Jo WL, Cui Q, et al. Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head: an Updated Review of ARCO on Pathogenesis, Staging and Treatment. J Korean Med Sci. 2021;36(24):e177. https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2021.36.e177
- Petek D, Hannouche D, Suva D. Osteonecrosis of the femoral head: pathophysiology and current concepts of treatment. EFORT Open Rev. 2019;4(3):85-97. https://doi.org/10.1302/2058-5241.4.180036
- Høifødt RS, Waterloo K, Wang CEA, Eisemann M, Figenschau Y, Halvorsen M. Cortisol levels and cognitive profile in major depression: A comparison of currently and previously depressed patients. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2019;99:57-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psyneuen.2018.08.024
- Lespasio MJ, Sodhi N, Mont MA. Osteonecrosis of the Hip: A Primer. Perm J. 2019;23:18-100. https://doi.org/10.7812/TPP/18-100
- Zhao DW, Yu M, Hu K, et al. Prevalence of Nontraumatic Osteonecrosis of the Femoral Head and its Associated Risk Factors in the Chinese Population: Results from a Nationally Representative Survey. Chin Med J (Engl). 2015;128(21):2843-2850. https://doi.org/10.4103/0366-6999.168017
- Ikeuchi K, Hasegawa Y, Seki T, Takegami Y, Amano T, Ishiguro N. Epidemiology of nontraumatic osteonecrosis of the femoral head in Japan. Mod Rheumatol. 2015;25(2):278-281. https://doi.org/10.3109/14397595.2014.932038
- Hanley AW, Gililland J, Erickson J, et al. Brief preoperative mind-body therapies for total joint arthroplasty patients: a randomized controlled trial. Pain. 2021;162(6):1749-1757. https://doi.org/10.1097/j.pain.0000000000002195
- Kim DH, Pearson-Chauhan KM, McCarthy RJ, Buvanendran A. Predictive Factors for Developing Chronic Pain After Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2018;33(11):3372-3378. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2018.07.028
- Kang JS, Moon KH, Kwon DG, Shin BK, Woo MS. The natural history of asymptomatic osteonecrosis of the femoral head. Int Orthop. 2013;37(3):379-384. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-013-1775-y
- Kubo Y, Yamamoto T, Motomura G, Karasuyama K, Sonoda K, Iwamoto Y. Patient-reported outcomes of femoral osteotomy and total hip arthroplasty for osteonecrosis of the femoral head: a prospective case series study. SpringerPlus. 2016;5(1):1880. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40064-016-3576-4
- Zhao D, Zhang F, Wang B, et al. Guidelines for clinical diagnosis and treatment of osteonecrosis of the femoral head in adults (2019 version). J Orthop Translat. 2020;21:100-110. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jot.2019.12.004
- Atula S. Настанова 00708. Психічні розлади внаслідок соматичного захворювання. Published online 2017. https://guidelines.moz.gov.ua/documents/3503
- Laukkala T. Настанова 01068. Психіатричне обстеження дорослих. Published online 2017. https://guidelines.moz.gov.ua/documents/3785
- Beck AT, Steer RA, Brown GK. BDI-II, Beck Depression Inventory: Manual. 2nd ed. Psychological Corp. ; Harcourt Brace; 1996.